Here's what Bill said:
If you didn’t know the first thing about Christianity and somebody told you, for the first time, this story that God is all powerful, better than us in any way. But he has a son. He’s a single parent. And he tells the son, ’Son, you’re going on a suicide mission down to Earth. Don’t worry. They can’t kill you because you’re really me. so here’s the plan. I, God the Father, wink wink, I’ll come down to Earth first. Easy because we’re two people. God the Father, God the son.. And I’ll see if I can’t find a Palestinian woman to impregnate so she can give birth to you. I mean ME. Oh, you know what I mean!’ The silliest story I’ve ever heard.
And here's my alternative theory on how this could all make sense. God, being a rather brilliant biologist (hey, he has to be, with all the intelligent codes of DNA that he wrote to create all the species, see My version of the intelligent design), wanted to send Jesus to the world. He did not really want to do the unpleasant job he had in mind for Jesus. However, being the ultimate narcissist at the same time, he cannot imagine sharing the credit with anyone else. Therefore, he cloned himself, created one cell with his genome and artificially implanted the cell into Virgin Mary's womb. In the sense that he created Jesus out of himself, he is the father. But since they are clones, Jesus is also God himself. Mary gave birth to Jesus, so she was his mother. But she was certainly a virgin even after giving birth to Jesus! And Jesus did not have one bit of her genes. It makes perfect sense.
BTW, the most efficient clonist I have known of is described in Chinese mythology. The Monkey King, who later became the "Buddha who is utterly victorious in Battle" (斗战胜佛), can instantly create thousands of his clones from his body hair.
有道理。感恩节也不忘到此一游的人飘过。
ReplyDeleteFeifei?
ReplyDelete首先, 我都是留名的.
ReplyDelete其次, 我哥用英文写的东东, 我一概叹口气, 不留言.
终于知道God长什么样子了,如果教堂里十字架上的塑像没错的话。
ReplyDelete哈哈,moppet留言的视角总是不一样
ReplyDelete不过,我去意大利的时候也有一个迷惑。我以前一直记得基督教是不让塑上帝本人(本神?)的像的,但是看见一些艺术品分明是有三位一体的表现,我还问意大利人和同行的西班牙人,以为他们明白些,结果他们都觉得那些艺术品的确是描绘、塑的上帝,至于不让塑GOD也许是某个时期以后的规定 不清楚
哈,比Mary被罗马士兵强奸合理多了:)
ReplyDelete塑像被认为是偶像崇拜,回教&犹太教至今都不用,基督教半路洗心革面了,窃以为是跟欧洲为大人物塑像的传统有关