I'd write the rest in Chinese if there is a decent Chinese input software on mac.
That's right, I check in from time to time and so far google pinyin has not released a mac version yet.
I am sure it is possible to do anything I want to on a mac. The only problem is, there is not someone near me who seems to want to do these things. And what freaks me out is that the most common response from a mac-lover to my questions is this: why do you want to do that? It's like Mac is the second best brain washer in the world. I think their ad should go like this:"Trust me, if your mac does not do it automatically for you, you don't really want it." Right, not "you don't need it" but "you don't want it".
There are still two more people I need to talk to. They are probably savvy enough to tweak mac to do whatever. I just wish their offices were next door. But the majority of mac users I ran into have mostly answered "I just don't do it" to my question "does not it bother you that you cannot do this?"
I certainly dug my own tomb when I installed vmvare fusion and then windows xp on the mac. Windows xp crashed on the virtual machine -- and i could not reboot it. The key combination that's supposed to mimic power down the virtual machine did not do the job. That's not even the best part. I must be a born apple trasher because I can also crash my mac (isn't that like impossible according to the ads?)! And I don't know if there is a alt-ctrl-delete parallel for mac, yet. (I am going to google it as soon as I stop complaining.)
Now I began to believe the rumor I heard before. Mac's user satisfaction is at least partly due to self-selection in its customer base. So here's my next project after I win the lottery. I am going to recruit 果黑 and 果轮 and compare their psychology parameters.
I am sure Mac is very smart. It's just that our personalities don't seem to match. I often feel like someone who's recently promoted and inherited the pretty secretary from the last manager. And she constantly says "relax, trust me, I know what you need. I've been doing this for a long time and all my bosses liked the way I work". But I am such a control freak and I want to do all things my way. Oh but how can i yell at her, she's so sweet and pretty after all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
咦,这个沙发好像还没人坐。那我先坐了。
ReplyDelete不用看,狒狒不看他哥写英文的。
ReplyDelete